Welcome to the “Spatial Planning and Regional Development Unit" - SPReD.
The SPReD Unit consists an interdepartmental and interdisciplinary platform of cooperation, following educational and scientific standards established both at the European and international level.
The SPRed Unit encourages cooperation among university members from different faculties for the promotion and achievement of joint research and development goals.
The SPRed Unit has already established cooperation with a number of research units and laboratories both at the national and international level in order to profit from the resulting synergies.
The SPReD Unit has experience on the following areas:
- Urban and Regional Planning
- Regional Development
- Foresight Methodologies
- Participatory Modelling
- Information Society
- Environment and Energy
- Transportation Planning
- Airport Planning and Management
- Geographic Information Systems
- Decision Support Systems
- Project and Plan Evaluation and Monitoring
- Risk Management and Spatial Data
- Spatial Measurements: Networks and Applications
- Content Management and Network Services e.g. e-learning
- Optimization and Value Added Applications
Professor Maria Giaoutzi - Founder of the Unit.
Unit of Spatial Planning and Regional Development is located on the second floor of the 'Veis' Building at the School of Rural and Surveying Engineering, Zographou Campus, NTUA.