STOA - The Future of European Long Distance Transport
EUROPEAN PARLIAMENT - STOA
Danish Board of Technology (DBT) and European Technology Assessment Group (ETAG)
Scientific Responsible: Prof. Maria Giaoutzi (firstname.lastname@example.org)
The Project Objectives
The Danish Board of Technology (Project Leader) and ETAG are conducting a project on “The Future of European Long Distance Transport” for STOA, the European Parliament. The objective is to contribute to policy clarification by providing a scenario for sustainable, efficient and less oil dependent long distance transport in Europe, both passenger and freight transport. For more information visit the following web site:
1. David Banister, Professor of Transport Planning. University College London, Transport Studies Unit.
2. Henrik Gudmundsson, Senior Researcher. Danish Transport Research Institute, Copenhagen.
3. Jonas Åkermann, Head of Research. KTH, Department of environmental analysis.
4. Kaj Jørgensen, Senior Scientist. Risoe National Laboratory, Systems Analysis Department.
5. Maria Giaoutzi, Professor of Regional Planning. National Technical University of Athens, Dept. of Geography and Regional Planning.
6. Otto Anker Nielsen, Professor. Technical University of Denmark, Centre for Traffic and Transport.
7. Peder Jensen, Project Manager. European Environmental Agency, Transport and Environment.
8. Jens Schippl, Institute for Technology Assessment and Systems Analysis (ITAS).
(Supervised by Prof. Maria Giaoutzi)
1996 - Stratigea Anastasia, "The Impacts of ICTs on Spatial Restructuring", NTUA.
2005 - Oludolapo O. Akinyosoye - Gbonda , "SYDEPETR - SYstem to support DEcision for the PETRoleum mining sector: The Niger Delta Region", NTUA.
2007 - Andreatou Aggeliki, "Decision Support Systems for Sustainable Development", NTUA.
2008 - Papakonstantinou Dimitrios, "Closed ICTs Networks in the Management of Tourism Product for Sustainable Development", NTUA.
2011 - Grammatikogiannis Elias, "Decision Making Systems for Public Participation in Regional Planning", NTUA.
Missing Networks In Europe, ERTI
EnvironmentalL Consequences Or Market And Intervation Failures In Transport Policy, OECD
A Strategic Information System And Planning Model For Marine Park Management: The Case Of Northen Sporades-MEDSPA
Requirements Specification and Tender Evaluation of an Information System for A Project Funded by the North Aegean Region Fund, Titled “Oinousses Telematic Center – Nautical Center of Documentation”
Development of Operational Optimization Software for Forest Fire Management